Is Church necessary for Christians, or is it just an optional exercise?
- A runner can run on the road. They don’t have to go to a gym.
- A student can complete a college degree online. They don’t have to sit in a classroom.
So in this day and age, do we really need to go to church?
3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. (Romans 12:3-8)
- Do you think it’s necessary for believers to go to church?
- Do you think it’s necessary for your head to be attached to your neck?
- Who misses out more when you aren’t part of the body? Answer = EVERYONE
When you’re distant from the body of Christ, you are missed. You are valued. You are formed for function.
This week, make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to live out the role God has carved out for you in His body, the church.
Need more encouragement?