Hope in the wrong things, and you’ll be disappointed.
Hope in Him is never misplaced.
(Verses are links to biblegateway.com, one of my favorite Bible websites – click for further reading)
- Psalm 9:18 “But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.”
- Psalm 25:3 “No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.”
- Psalm 25:5 “Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”
- Psalm 25:21 “May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope, LORD, is in you.”
- Psalm 31:24 “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.”
- Psalm 33:18 “But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,”
- Psalm 33:20 “We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.”
- Psalm 33:22 “May your unfailing love be with us, LORD, even as we put our hope in you.”
- Psalm 37:9 “For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.”
- Psalm 37:34 “Hope in the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are destroyed, you will see it.”
- Psalm 39:7 “But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.”
- Psalm 42:5 “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”
- Psalm 52:9 “For what you have done I will always praise you in the presence of your faithful people. And I will hope in your name, for your name is good.”
- Psalm 62:5 “Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.”
- Psalm 62:10 “Do not trust in extortion or put vain hope in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them.”
- Psalm 65:5 “You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds, God our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas,”
- Psalm 69:6 “Lord, the LORD Almighty, may those who hope in you not be disgraced because of me; God of Israel, may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me.”
- Psalm 71:5 “For you have been my hope, Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.”
- Psalm 71:14 “As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.”
- Psalm 119:43 “Never take your word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws.”
- Psalm 119:49 “Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope.”
- Psalm 119:74 “May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word.”
- Psalm 119:81 “My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word.”
- Psalm 119:116 “Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed.”
- Psalm 130:5 “I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.”
- Psalm 130:7 “Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.”
- Psalm 131:3 “Israel, put your hope in the LORD both now and forevermore.”
- Psalm 146:5 “Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God.”
- Psalm 147:11 “the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.”
For thousands of years people have learned to trust God through His Word. Today you can do the same.
Allow His words to speak to you. Understand that He knows about you. He cares for you, and wants the best for you and your life. He doesn’t promise us a serene life, but He does promise to calm the raging waters of the storm long enough for us to refocus on Him.
We have good days and bad days. But God’s Word outlasts them all. Put your trust in Him. He’ll never steer you wrong.
Need more fuel for the journey? Read “Running on Empty“.
Are you worn thin by pain in your life? Read “Pain is Never Wasted“.
Want more encouragement? Subscribe by email!